The Bay Area Doula Project is committed to increasing access to nonjudgmental, compassionate and empowering doula care to individuals across the full spectrum of their reproductive experiences, with a specific focus on abortion. In doing so, we foster a culture that trusts and supports individuals through the full range of reproductive experiences.
HOW WE DO IT
Our work is accomplished through dedicated volunteers who:
- Educate and train full-spectrum doulas both locally and nationally.
- Foster dialogue in the Bay Area community about reproductive health and justice issues.
- Nurture solidarity and collaboration with our allied organizations through outreach and networking.
- Partner with ACCESS Women’s Health Justice to provide volunteer doula support to people seeking abortions.
- Provide ongoing support to local clinic-based volunteer doula programs.
WHY WE DO IT
The Bay Area Doula Project believes:
- Every person’s reproductive experiences are unique.
- Every person deserves respect and integrity throughout their reproductive experiences.
- Every person should have access to safe and caring reproductive health care options and support services.
- People of all genders deserve care and respect when accessing abortion or other reproductive health services.